IMPORTANT- Parent Portal and Some Website Capabilities Disabled by Nationwide Disruption.
Get Ready for the New Year!
School Starts August 31
What is a School Social Worker?
Here at Bull Run Middle School, the School Social Worker:
- Is a Licensed Social Worker who ensures student achievement by promoting academic, social and emotional functioning.
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders in an effort to mobilize the resources of the school and community to meet the needs of students and their families.
- Provides intervention, consultation, and counseling for students referred by themselves, their parents, school staff, or community agencies to address obstacles adversely affecting their academic performance.
- Participates as a member of the Intervention Team and works collaboratively with parents and school personnel to address barriers to student performance.
- Participates in the special education process by identifying and providing services to students with disabilities that require specialized instruction.
School Social Work Association of America