|Bull Run Middle School telephones are temporarily out of service this evening. Service will be restored as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.|
|Those who care for the children and families of Prince William County are deeply moved and troubled by this week's events in Pakistan. Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims, their familes, and loved ones.|
What is a School Social Worker?
Here at Bull Run Middle School, the School Social Worker:
- Is a Licensed Social Worker who ensures student achievement by promoting academic, social and emotional functioning.
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders in an effort to mobilize the resources of the school and community to meet the needs of students and their families.
- Provides intervention, consultation, and counseling for students referred by themselves, their parents, school staff, or community agencies to address obstacles adversely affecting their academic performance.
- Participates as a member of the Intervention Team and works collaboratively with parents and school personnel to address barriers to student performance.
- Participates in the special education process by identifying and providing services to students with disabilities that require specialized instruction.
School Social Work Association of America